January 26th, 2018
Funding Start Date:
May 1st, 2018
Funding for Undergraduate students researching in the area of neuroCAM
- Student Salary: up to $7,000
- Minus deductions, such as EI, held back by the host institution
- Travel: up to $1000
- To complete or present the work (up until the end of the calendar year)
- Research must be in the area of neuroCAM
- Applicants are required to identify a supervisor/mentor (an Assistant, Associate or Full Professor) from an accredited university for the project who will guide and review the student’s activities.
- Applicants can be Canadian or international students working on their project in Alberta, Saskatchewan or at University of Victoria, BC.
- Applicants must be registered in an undergraduate degree program at the time when they submit their application, or have recently completed one and not started any graduate work.
- If the research work requires either human or animal ethics clearance, evidence of that clearance must be sent to BONF before studentship funds will be released.
- If co-funding from another agency is required to carry out the proposed project, and if such funding falls through, the applicant and PI must notify BONF immediately. The normal result will be that the studentship will not be paid out. However, project re-scoping may be considered.
- You are eligible to apply even if you have previously held a BONF studentship!
- Applicant must supply copies of transcript and have two academic references submit a reference survey on their behalf by the grant application deadline.
- There will be no extensions or exemptions on the deadline
- At Branch Out's expense, studentship winners will be expected to present their work to Branch Out stakeholders
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact email@example.com