Dear former speed skaters, It's time to dust off those old blades, squeeze into that spandex, and see if you still got it!
The Branch Out Foundation is throwing a Rust Busta’ 500m race at this year's Olympic Oval Finale. All proceeds going to the Branch Out Foundation, founded by your fellow former speed skater Crystal Phillips, to help fund neuroCAM research (neuroscience + complementary & alternative modalities).
Never a speed skater? No worries, lot's of room to watch and cheer them on!
Format of competition
- Check in from 11am - 12pm (room 54)
- Warm up from 1215pm-1245pm
- 500m races from 1:30-2:30pm
- Retired skaters only
- 15 pairs
- Instead of Age Categories: date of retirement categories (calculated from last race)
- 1-5 years
- 5-10 years
- 10-20 years
- 20+ years
- Competitors will be able to request “pump up songs”
- Old rivalries will be brought back (request your pair, male or female)
- Commentators will announce “career highlights” and “where are they now” segments before and during the racing
- High energy, fun atmosphere
- Prizes and Swag giveaways
- Mike Phillips will be starting you!
- Social party afterwards