With less than 2 months to go, we know fundraising for the 2019 Branch Out Bike Tour is on your mind. Below are a few tips and ideas to get those donations rolling in!
TIP 1: Host an Event
Why not be the hostess with the mostess!? Take your fundraising efforts to the next level and host your very own event! This is the perfect excuse to get your friends together and throw a party for a great cause. Sell tickets, food, games, or an experience with proceeds going towards your Bike Tour fundraising efforts.
- Bike lover? Organize a charity ride at your fave spin class or cycle shop.
- Musical connection? Get people to purchase tickets to a live music show.
- Martha Stewart-in-the-making? Host a dinner party and have guests bring a donation.
- Outdoor Enthusiast? Organize a lawn bowling, bocce ball, or crocket tournament.
- BBQ Master? Get your friends together for a burger and a brewski.
- Photographer? Spend an afternoon taking portraits or family photos with proceeds going towards your Bike Tour fundraising.
TIP 2: Organize a Bake Sale
Cliché? Yes. But are you aware of how much people LOVE homemade cookies!? We know it might seem old school, but we also know of people who have raised over $1,000 from a single bake sale! Get your friends together, organize a baking afternoon, and have fun sharing your sweet treats for a great cause. Pro tip: If you are currently attending university, students will JUMP at the sight of your moist brownies.
TIP 3: Make it Personal
Why do YOU ride in the Branch Out Bike Tour? Do you have a story or a personal connection to a neurological disorder? Donors are much more likely to send donations your way when it’s tied to emotion. Spend some time to think deep, craft that email, and share what the Bike Tour really means to you. Send an email, write a letter, create a video, or mail a card with your personal donation request.
Fundraise Your Way to Awesome Branchy Gear
Once again, we have some epic fundraising incentive prizes! Reach the $750, $1500, or $3000 fundraising milestones and earn yourself limited-edition, one-of-a-kind Branchy gear.
Have a question or idea related to fundraising? Please don't hesitate to reach out to one of our lovely committee members at firstname.lastname@example.org.