After another 364 days of planning, Branch Out Bike Tour 2016 went full out on June 18th. Over 400 participants, good riding weather and a whole bunch of awesome sponsors and partners made it the best year yet!
Together we raised nearly $200,000 for neuroCAM research! Woohoo!
Some other highlights:
- an incredible speech from the Indiana Jones of hypoxia research, Dr. Jeffrey Dunn
- Mario, Luigi and Bowser showed up to ride!
- the rowdiest dance floor in 6 years, which can be summed up with “one more song!”
- a pair of Tesla Model S cruising around for bike support
- addition of our 70km “bonk stop” with delicious kombucha and candy
- safe and awesome riding all day!
Only 346 more days until BOBT 2017! Bigger and Better! See you all there!
John Mackay ($20,000)
Top Fundraising Team:
Peloton Pals AKA "Axia" ($21,800)
Above and Beyond:
King of the Mountain:
Marcus Henry (39:06)
Queen of the Mountain:
Carli Tyson (41:26)
Prince of the Mountain:
Brad Jacobs (40:31)
Princess of the Mountain:
Shannon Sibbold (44:09)
Mandem (John Reid, Dan Reid, Ryan Gillen, AKA Luigi, Mario, Bower)