Branch Out is seeking a Community Relations Coordinator who enjoys working hard to increase positive impact for people with neurological disorders. This part-time contract position will suit a motivated, creative individual who can work independently to support the fundraising, administration, and marketing activities for the Foundation. The ideal candidate will be passionate about our mission to accelerate tech and non-pharmaceutical solutions to neurological disorders and mental health conditions.
The Community Relations Coordinator has a focus on supporting the fundraising and donor relations activity of the Foundation. The primary goal of this position is to build capacity for the organization to support our mission through fundraising administration and donor relations.
• Support the design and implementation of Branch Out’s annual fundraising strategy, including an
online matching campaign and special events.
• Strengthen BONF’s position in the charitable sector by supporting the full integration of BONF
marketing and communication strategy and materials with our fundraising objectives.
• Research potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand
how to position BONF organization to them.
• In collaboration with the CEO, establish a grant seeking protocol for Branch Out to identify,
qualify, and solicit funds from grant-making organizations.
• Assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds.
• Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage donor lists, regular donor
communications and stewardship activities.
• Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships to support the annual
• Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships and
enhance fundraising activities.
• Maintain and administer donation and fundraising platforms and provide financial reports to the
• Represent BONF at community events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree or college diploma or working towards a degree/diploma in a related field
of study – fundraising, communications, business administration, etc.
• A minimum of one year of fundraising administration or coordination experience at a registered
Proficient with MS Office, fundraising and donor relations platforms, preparing financial reports
• Demonstrated success exercising strong administrative skills, including the ability to build
consensus and collaboration among varying groups within an organization
• Exemplary communication abilities with an outgoing and poised personality
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to perform on a targeted timeline under tight deadlines.
• Ability to function independently within established guidelines.
• Experience with fundraising campaigns.
• Extremely detail oriented and possess the ability to work efficiently and effectively with all
levels of the organization.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion.
• Self-motivated and must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
• Willing to work after standard work hours including occasional travel assignments when
Part-Time Contract: 0.25 FTE (10 hours per week)
Term: One Year – June 1, 2021 to May 31, 2022 with potential for renewal.
Work Environment: Virtual – work from your home office or community workspace
Hours of Work: Flexible
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume with a cover letter to [email protected]
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021