A neurological disorder directly impacts 1 in 3 Canadians.
By making a donation, you get to accelerate new technologies and non-pharmaceutical approaches to neurological disorders such as Dementia, Parkinson's Disease, Autism, Depression, Multiple Sclerosis, Concussion, Epilepsy etc.
Thank you for 'branching out' with us by donating.
Together, we can create a future where neurological disorders are a thing of the past!
To date, The Branch Out Neurological Foundation has raised over $3 Million dollars and funded over 80 research projects in eight universities across Canada.
A selection of projects include:
- Developing a portable fNIRS (functional near-infrared spectroscopy) brain-scanning technique to improve concussion diagnosis and recovery measurement.
- A wearable technology that uses music to promote walking and help rewire the brain of Parkinson's patients. This device allows individuals to walk again without ‘freezing,’ a common symptom of the disease.
- A vitamin (Biotin) and new delivery methods which could help shrink the deadliest brain tumour (glioblastoma) more effectively than the current conventional treatments
- Exploring the link between maternal infection during pregnancy and long term effects on the child. The results of this study could illuminate preventative strategies to minimize the effects of prenatal infection on neural development.
- Transcranial Magnetic Brain Stimulation (TMS) treatment increases neural activity in the brain for youth diagnosed with major depressive disorder.
All research proposals are reviewed by our Scientific Review Panel to ensure they meet the highest quality of research methods and scientific standards. Our rigorous criterion ensures the research generates reliable data for physicians and patients, allowing for informed decisions about all potential treatment options.
Outside of laboratory studies and research funding, Branch Out actively promotes and develops programs to increase awareness and promote entrepreneurial thinking and cross industry collaboration for non-pharmaceutical and innovative technology solutions.
Since being founded in 2010, Branch Out has made significant impact:
- Developed “NeuroCAM Connect” to help scientists recruit study participants and inspire patients and members of the public to participate in research. https://www.branchoutfoundation.com/neurocam_connect
- Formed “think tank” opportunities for experts across North America with diverse backgrounds, from scientists, patients and doctors to policy makers, philanthropists and artists. This includes “Idea to Impact” strategy sessions and the inaugural Unlike Minds Summit last year. https://unlikeminds.ca/
- Partnered with organizations to throw Calgary’s first neuroscience Hackathon, called Neuro Nexus. https://www.innovation4health.com/neuronexus
- In 2018, Branch Out created an annual art inspired science communication event called Your Brain On Art. This year will be the second sold out event with approximately 250 participants. https://www.branchoutfoundation.com/yboa2019
Registered Charity #: 81581 2284 RR0001
For more info on your donation, Click here.