Branch Out is seeking a Manager of Events, Marketing & Communications who enjoys working hard to increase positive impact for people with neurological disorders. This permanent part-time position will suit a motivated, creative individual who can work independently but loves working with others in support of our mission to accelerate tech and non-pharmaceutical solutions to neurological disorders and mental health conditions.
The Manager of Events, Marketing and Communications has a focus on developing a unique and consistent brand experience for our stakeholders, crafting and executing strategies that enhance visibility, and composing effective campaigns and messaging to raise funds and enhance community understanding of Branch Out Neurological Foundation (BONF). The primary goal of this position is to build capacity for the organization to support our mission through communications, fundraising, knowledge translation and stakeholder relations.
Event Production (50%)
Marketing & Communications (50%)
- Lead the production of Branch Out’s signature fundraising events including the BONF Bike Tour and Your Brain on Art. Tasks include: event conceptualization and logistics; budget development and management; marketing and communications strategy and implementation; vendors and
contractors, with a focus on promoting knowledge of Branch Out’s mission and mandate and
raising funds for operations and research programs.
Cultivate strong relationships with existing BONF volunteer committees and seek new volunteers to support event production and outreach.
- Act as the main liaison between BONF team and event volunteers and staff.
- Support prospecting, negotiating and implementing sponsorships and partnerships on behalf of
- Develop corporate sponsorship materials, sponsorship appeals, and sponsor-oriented special
events in collaboration with BONF CEO.
- Manage corporate sponsors & partnership fulfillment for BONF event sponsors, including
delivery of elements within sponsorship agreements – such as social media posts, publications,
logo usage, and partnership marketing events and materials
- Act as liaison for high-profile, sponsor-driven or third-party events from start to finish, including
sponsorship procurement, fulfillment and logistics coordination
- Directly contribute to fundraising goals established by the CEO for dollars raised and contacts
made through event production.
Marketing and Communications:
- Achieve marketing and fundraising objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, communications, and fundraising programs.
- Achieve financial objectives through the preparation of annual marketing and fundraising
budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Inform strategic and operational plans by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing internal and external data and trends.
- Ensure all external communications reflect a consistent brand image
Manage, create, implement, maintain and review all external communications and public relations, including websites, blogs, social media platforms, video production, presentations, campaigns, advertising, speaking notes etc.
- Manage media relations, including maintaining media lists and sourcing new connections, composing, and issuing press releases and psa’s, and supplying materials to media contacts and sponsors.
- Support and create written content for internal communications for and to the Branch Out team, volunteers, board members, etc.
- Lead and implement NeuroCAM Culture and Communications initiatives, including third party event promotion and marketing support and development of knowledge translation materials for presentations.
- Work with CEO/Research Director to ensure that adequate data is captured to understand constituents’ needs and demonstrate Branch Out’s impact.
- Execute social media strategies across platforms, including creating engaging content, posting, keeping profiles up-to-date, monitoring pages, and tracking and analyzing metrics.
- Stay current on the latest technologies and identify new opportunities to promote Branch Out.
- Position the Branch Out Foundation as the premier source for information about NeuroCAM
- Other duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate Degree in a related field of study – event management; marketing; public relations,
communications; fundraising etc.
• A minimum of five years experience in a similar role.
• Proficient with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, social media and website management.
• Graphic design and familiarity with fundraising database platforms considered an asset.
- Demonstrated success exercising strong leadership and management skills, including the ability to build consensus among varying groups within an organization
- Exemplary communication abilities with an outgoing and poised personality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to adapt writing style to the medium used.
- Knowledge and skill in media and public relations, desktop publishing, graphic design, email marketing.
- Ability to perform on a targeted timeline under tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others for results.
- Ability to function independently within established guidelines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience with fundraising campaigns.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion.
- Self-motivated and must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a diverse
group of corporate leaders, donors, volunteers, and staff members and maintain a professional
- Willing to work after standard work hours including occasional travel assignments when
Position Status: Permanent Part-Time. 0.75 FTE = 30 hours per week
Work Environment: Virtual – work from your home office or a community workspace
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday with a flexible schedule
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume with a cover letter to [email protected]
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021