Branch Out is offering a series of seed grants to fund specific areas of NeuroCAM research of importance to the Multiple Sclerosis community. These grants must be held in conjunction with a faculty at the University of Toronto, though collaborations with other Universities and community organizations are highly valued. For the 2022 granting cycle, the following challenges have been posed for innovative research grants:
- Nutraceutical and Mind and Body treatment approaches for managing neuroinflammation
- Mobility-based rehabilitation for Multiple Sclerosis
- Remote assessment and/or intervention technology for Multiple Sclerosis
- Understanding the development of Multiple Sclerosis to inform lifestyle-based preventative measures
Please email [email protected] to express your interest and learn more about this opportunity.
Eligible Expenses-This grant is intended to promote new lines of research, so budgets that reflect this value accordingly will be more competitive.
Branch Out offers other grants to financially support student (undergraduate and graduate) salaries, so this will be an ILLEGIBLE expense for the MS NeuroCAM Seed Grant. Please consider having students who may work on the project separately apply for those grants.
Apr 30, 2022, 11:59 MST
Funding Start Date
Sep 1, 2022
- The research team must include 1 faculty member from the University of Toronto, however, collaboration with other institutions is encouraged.
- Branch Out values collaborative projects, particularly those that bring the benefits of academic research into the community abroad. The most competitive applications will leverage collaborations to maximize the community impact of the research project and have novel knowledge translation plans.
- There will be no extensions or exemptions on the deadline.
- At Branch Out's expense, grant winners will be expected to present their work to Branch Out stakeholders.
- Details about allowable expenses will be posted as they are finalized.
- Please read some general FAQ for Branch Out grants
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact [email protected]