Join the Branch Out Foundation as we celebrate the collision between art and science!
Virtual Gala | Art Exhibition & Auction | Keynote Speaker Live Painting | Meet Artists & Neuroscientists | Support Local | And more!
Your Brain on Art 2021 (YBOA) is the third annual fundraising event supporting the Branch Out Neurological Foundation.
YBOA matches artists with neuroscientists to co-create a piece of artwork that provides a fresh perspective on neuroscience and gives new life to a meeting of the minds. The artwork is then showcased at a gala event and auctioned off to raise funds. To date, we've raised over $160,000 to support brain health research across Canada.
This year’s event focuses on ‘Resiliency’ and includes interactive, virtual activities and live presentations. Experience the Your Brain on Art classics from the comfort and safety of your home! View the 2021 artist/scientist collaborations at yourbrainonart.ca.
Date: Thursday, March 11, 2021
Time: 6:00 – 8:30 pm MST
VIP Experience: $135
General Admission: $40
- Create your own one-of-kind night to support innovative brain research across Canada!
- Enhance your evening with an 'Experience Box' delivered right to your door! Enjoy an exclusive, three-course meal from Calgary's own Bridgette Bar. Pair your YBOA delectable dinner with a local beer or gin cocktail from Last Best Brewery. Flip through the exhibition catalogue and have fun with your surprise goodies
- Join our host Leah Sarich for an interactive, virtual gala. Pull up a ‘digital’ chair and meet directly with local artists and neuroscientists
- Participate in fascinating conversations about art and science and network with like-minded guests from across Canada
- Access our online art auction and behind-the-scenes content
- Listen to a riveting keynote by Dr. Tracy Thomson, HBsc, MD, CCFP, FCFP, ABAARM, on 'Resiliency & the Brain'
- Watch a live painting performance from renowned Calgary artist, Tresa Gibson
5:30 pm - ‘Virtual’ Doors Open
Get acquainted with the virtual platform, browse the artwork, watch behind-the-scenes videos of the creation of each piece
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm - Meeting of the Minds
Pull up a ‘virtual’ chair and meet directly with artists and scientists. Join in engaging discussions about art and science with like-minded guests
7:00 pm - Welcome!
Let the show begin! Your Brain on Art kicks off with a welcome from Laureen Jensen, President & CEO, Branch Out Foundation
7:05 pm - Evening Overview
Meet Your Brain on Art’s 2021 Emcee, Leah Sarich and tonight’s keynote speakers
7:10 pm - Keynote
“The Resilient Brain” Presented by Dr. Tracy Thompson
8:00 pm - Thank You & Close
8:05 – 8:30 pm - Meeting of the Minds Continued
Make your final bids and continue your conversations over virtual cocktails!
9:00 pm - Silent Art Auction Closes
By attending Your Brain on Art, you become an essential partner in accelerating alternative treatments to neurological disorders. 100% of proceeds from this year's event will support brain research across Canada.
CAN’T ATTEND? Consider donating your admission instead www.branchoutfoundation.com/donate
**Dinner, Cocktails, & Gift Box available for local delivery within 25KM of Calgary, Alberta on March 11, 2021 between 3:00 – 7:00 pm MST. To prepare all meal orders, VIP Experience tickets close on March 8 at 11:59 pm.
**THIS IS AN ONLINE EVENT. You will receive an email with a link to the virtual event. Doors open at 5:30 pm to explore the virtual platform and gala space. You will receive an email with the registration link to the virtual platform, Remo, closer to the event date. If you have questions, please email [email protected]
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors & Supporters!